As the coronavirus pandemic unfolds in the UK, our main priority is ensuring the safety of everyone who comes to our food bank – whether it’s someone needing help, someone volunteering their time, or someone making a donation.
Things are changing quickly, so we’ll keep this page updated regularly with information about what’s happening at Dagenham Foodbank and how people can access support and help us be there for people in crisis.
We’re still supporting people with emergency food at Dagenham Foodbank and will do for as long as is possible. However, we have some measures put in place to allow us to continue serving the community in a safe manner and slow the spread of infection:
- Both our Centres at Living Hope centre and HOFC centre are operating at the normal opening times
- To protect our clients and volunteers we will only distribute pre-packed food parcels at the entrance of the building.
- All clients will still need to have a red voucher or E-voucher in order to redeem a parcel – the rest of the building will remain closed, so there will be no amenities available for the clients.
- We ask our clients to be patient and if possible, to avoid queuing before our opening times, in order to avoid unnecessary contact.
- We ask client maintain the 2 metres social distance between each other.
- Leave promptly when the food parcel is handed over.
- We are able to offer limited home deliveries on Wednesday only with prior arrangement with referral agent -This is for a limited time. Our delivery service is supported by the Dagenham Fire Station team
In the meantime, we need you, our local community, to continue donating vital food supplies. Your support is vital at this time, so if you’re considering donating, we’re particularly in need of:
- Tinned tomatoes
- Tinned meat
- Tinned fish
- Long life fruit juice
Any donations should be dropped off at our foodbank centres during our opening times, or even make a financial donation for details clicking here
You can find out more about the Trussell Trust network’s response to coronavirus here [link: www.trusselltrust.org/coronavirus-food-banks]
Dagenham Foodbank Team